Air Separation Plants
BDM Cryofusion & Mandressi Italia manufactures and exports cryogenic air separation plants in technical collaboration with “Cryofusion & Mandressi” of Italy. Over the period of time, our company has become one of the leading suppliers of air separation plants with Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) quality approval and ISO 9001:2000 certification. The latest achievement of our company is CE approval meaning we adhere quality and safety norms so we can sell our products and services in the USA and European Market. Besides of technologically advanced and well equipped production units, we also hold a R&D team to analyze industry and update our plants accordingly.
Air separation plant unit manufactured and exported by our company appreciates for highly pure output. Further, the purity of oxygen is upto 99.7%, while nitrogen purity is upto 99.9%. Our plants are safe and economical to operate. The plants come with an efficient expansion engine, which diminishes the operating pressures and also reduces power consumption. In fact, we offer air separation plants of all sizes that range from 30 m3/hour to 50,000 m3/hour. Apart from exporting the plants, we also provide after sales and warranty services. In addition‚ our company also offers spare parts at huge discount rates.
BDM Cryofusion & Mandressi ITALIA is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of air separation plants with Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) quality approval and ISO 9001:2000 certification.
We are a manufacturer and exporter of latest air separation plants of the brand Cryofusion and Mandressi Italia and using the latest Turbo Technology series air separation plants of Cryofusion and Mandressi operating at a working pressure of 6 to 8 bar.
Our company incorporates Rotary Screw type Air Compressors of Atlas Copco and a very efficient Air Separation Column (Cold Box) for achieving 99.9% yield to give a waste Nitrogen purity of nitrogen gas at the outlet of the cold box as low as 3 Parts per million.
We along with the team of cryogenic engineers of Cryofusion and Mandressi Italia have more than 28 years of experience in the field of designing, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of all types of oxygen - nitrogen air separation plants all over the world with vast range capacities from 20 m3 per hour to 50,000 m3 per hour.
The tonnage series of air separation plants are designed and developed for the applications that require large amount of oxygen to replace bulk liquid oxygen storage vessels.
The output of liquid oxygen can be stored in a liquid oxygen tank. Liquid nitrogen can be available as a byproduct simultaneously up to 99.999% (PPM GRADE) purity.
The plant is extremely versatile and all the possible product variants are possible You can either take 100% Liquid oxygen output or 50% Liquid oxygen output directly into cylinders or 50% Liquid oxygen and 50% Liquid nitrogen.
Tonnage Plants can be designed and developed for covered (standard) as well as outdoor installations.
These plants are PLC controlled, inclusive of oxygen analyzer.
1. Compression of Air
This is done by the multistage highly effectual air compressor.
This is a water-cooled, balance opposed oil lubricated, heavy duty 24X7 continuously operating four stage machine.
It also composes of horizontal rugged inter-coolers to give normal discharge conditions.
The Compressor can be single frame primary as well as secondary equipment.
The multi Stage Composition boosts up the volumetric efficiency of the compressor and reduces B.H.P.
The inter stage temperature is low and therefore carbon formation is nil.
2. Purification of Air
This is done by the Process Skid
. The Process Skid comprises of the following components.
- After Cooler with Tank.
- Nitrogen Cooler with Tank.
- Moisture Separator (Purger).
- Chilling Unit with Freon Unit.
- Oil Absorber filled with Alumina.
- Molecular Sieve Battery on skid.
- Defrost Heater.
- Gas/Air Lines as per standard Layout on skid/platform.
- Water Pump.
- Drain Manifold complete with Ball Valves for draining moisture.
3. Cooling & Liquification of Air
This is done by a latest expansion engine and also by a refrigeration unit (for 100% liquid output).
Single cylinder expansion engine, hydraulically operated with variable cam for automatic control of pressure and temperature, this is also equipped with ball type valve at inlet and outlet which is proof for easy operation for years together complete with electric motor.
4. Air Separation (Rectification)
This is done by the special AIR SEPARATION UNIT comprising of upper & lower column and special exchangers. The separation air is by the CRYOGENIC PROCESS. The final product from a liquid Oxygen/Nitrogen goes to the storage tank.
Air Separation Column (cold Box)
(Leak proof Stainless Column)
Supplied as packed unit holding the following components:
- Outer Steel Casing
- Main Heat Exchanger
- Bottom Column
- Top Column
- Liquid Oxygen & Nitrogen Filter
- Cold Pipe Lines
- Insulation Materials
5. Liquid Oxygen Pump
There is one liquid pump, especially for oxygen. The oxygen is being pumped in liquid form and thus eliminated unnecessary equipment such as gasholders and Oxygen compressor.
This pump has special design with SS jacket Argon welded with special jacket for insulation to prevent cold loss during pumping.
It has a special seal to stop any oil carry over during operation. The oxygen purity is high and is bone-dry because this has been offered with special types of seals designed especially for this purpose complete with electric motor vee belts, fly wheel, pulley and guard.
6. Cryogenic Storage Tanks
Cryogenic Vessels are designed and developed for storage and transport of liquid gases at sub-zero temperatures.
Manufacturing of such cryogenic tanks requires special technical knowhow and sophisticated fabrication techniques.
We have developed the necessary technology and have been manufacturing these cryogenic equipment like cryogenic vessels.
|MODEL||CAPACITY||CYLINDERS FILLED PER DAY||OXYGEN PURITY||NITROGEN PURITY Optional|
|BDM 50||50 m3/hr||200||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 80||80 m3/hr||320||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 100||100 m3/hr||400||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 130||130 m3/hr||500||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 150||150 m3/hr||600||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 170||170 m3/hr||680||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 200||200 m3/hr||800||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 250||250 m3/hr||1000||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 300||300 m3/hr||1200||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 400||400 m3/hr||1600||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 500||500 m3/hr||2000||99.7%||99.99%|
|BDM 600||600 m3/hr||2400||99.7%||99.99%|
Note : Larger Size Plants also available upto 2000 m3/hr Capacity.
Salient Features of our Air Separation Plants
- Turbo expanders (Oil or Air Bearing) for trouble free operation.
- All plants use “Oil free” rotary centrifugal oil compressor working between 0.6 to 1.0 mpa.
- Integrated Oxygen Analyzer.
- Electronic Auto Drains.
- Dew Point Analyzer.
- All Electrically sensitive equipment is individually fuse protected.
- Less stress on Molecular sieve due to internal screen design.
- Power surge protected.
- Superior Filtration Package.
- Air treatment Package mounted on a common skid for ease of installation.
- Electronic Capacitive Sensor is fitted to all filters.
- Purity of Oxygen produced from all plants is minimum 99.7% and Nitrogen Purity is available up to 99.99% (Depending upon requirement of the customer).
- All plants use Aluminum Brazed exchangers and packed columns for high efficiency.
- All plants above “500” are supplied with automatic PLC control.
- All Filters have Liquid Level site glass and D/P Gauges.
- Electronic Liquid Moisture alarm fitted to PSA (Shutdown alarm).
- Smaller footprint and easier installation Dual PSA Skid makes for.
- Superior Stainless Steel valve design for lower maintenance.
- Superior Valve Actuators for lower maintenance.
- Easy access to components.
- Engineering support along with complete quality control is provided by our company.
- We offer qualified engineers for Supervision, Installation and start up of all our plants as well as training of workforce at customers’ site.
- Very low power consumption with proven performance and virtually Zero maintenance required for the machines.
Scope of Supply
This is a multi stage, heavy duty water-cooled air compressor for 24X7 operation, horizontal type complete with fly wheel inter cooler, foundation bolts, motor pulley, motor, v belt, guard and slide rails. This is employed to compress atmospheric air.
Air Purifier / Process Skid
This consists of the following Parts:
1. After cooler with tank
2. Nitrogen cooler with tank
3. Moisture separators
4. Chilling units with Freon unit
5. Oil absorber filled with alumina
6. Molecular sieve batteries on skid
7. Defrost heaters
8. Gas/Air/water line as per standard layout on skid /platform prefabricated and ready for installation
9. Water pump
10. Inlet & outlet water lines
11. Drain manifold complete with ball valves for draining moisture. All the above equipments are properly mounted on skid /platform complete with interconnecting piping and ready for installation.
Complete with branded motor/starter of Siemens / ABB world class quality. Expansion Engine is complete with hydraulic valve control, bursting disc for safety, complete with fly wheel pressure gauge, motor pulley V belt, Belt guard, slide rails inter connected pipes (inlet and outlet)
Air Separation Column - Cold Box
This comprises of the complete cold box (outer steel casing) complete with top column, bottom column, condenser, sub-cooler, re-boiler, exchanger 1, exchanger 2, control panel, instruments, pressure gauges, digital automatic temperature scanner withpt-100 sensors, expansion valves, analysis valves, inlet & outlet, air oxygen and nitrogen, gas lines with control valves neatly mounted and firmly fixed on the cold box.
STAINLESS STEEL IS REQUIRED FOR HOSPITAL OXYGEN, FOOD GRADE QUALITY AND ALSO TO MAKE EXPLOSION PROOF.
NOTE: OLD TYPE OF COPPER VESSELS/COLUMNS/TRAYS LIKE CHINESE AND LOCAL TYPE STOPPED 10 YEARS BACK.
Liquid Oxygen Pump
Horizontal single acting pump with Piston, Piston Rings - oil free - Teflon with guide ring, Safety Devices, Non-Return Valves, Motor with Pulley, V-Belts, Belt Guard, Inter Connecting Pipes with ducting to cold box suitable for filling Oxygen.
High Pressure Filling Manifold
For filling high-pressure Oxygen to Cylinders. It comprises of main High Pressure Isolation Valve and Pigtail filling connection with individual regulation Valve with Pressure Gauge and Safety Relief Valve.
(i) Cooling Tower
Induced Draft-Rotary Sprinkler type with Aluminum Casting Fan, FRP Body with suitable Electric Motor for maintaining the circulating water temperature between the Hot well and Cold well for optimum performance of the Plant. Complete in all respects.
(ii) Electrical Panel
Electrical Panel for supply of electric power to individual motors with main MCCB, ampere and volt meter and bus bar. It has a bank of on/off switches and fuses. This enables the Operator to control all the Motors from one point (This can be supplied with remote control operation also).
Made of HDPE having single multi-port valve for different plant valve for different operations. Used to remove hardness of the water and to avoid scaling in Air Compressor Cylinder jacket and water line. Nacl/Regeneration. With min/max. Working pressure in 2.0/4.0 kgs/cm2. Complete in all respect.
Provided with the plant to be coupled with the Air compressor and the cooling tower.
Oxygen Purity Apparatus will be provided along with to measure the purity of Oxygen.
- Water Process
- Ferrous Metallurgy
- Non-ferrous Metal Refinery
- Coal mines
- Others: Chemical industry production, solid garbage burning, concrete production, glass manufacturing, medical oxygen, etc.